Monday, July 4, 2016

SOCC Week 5 Challenge - Distress Paints.

On Summer Of Creative Chemistry, this week marks the beginning of our revision of Creative Chemistry 102. If you would like to learn some great techniques to get the most out of your Distress products, check out Online Card Classes.
Our challenge this week was to use one or more of Tim's techniques using three or more Distress Paints. 
Distress Paints are awesome to use on fabric as they are permanent when dry and are quite fluid and  easy to apply to fabric.


For my fabric page this week I decided to use Tim's Distress Paint Marbling Technique for my background and lolly pops. This technique is a bit more of a challenge when working with fabric especially a larger piece like my page, but it is do-able. This technique reminded me of one of those flat, round, swirly lolly pops and so I was inspired to create a "sweet" little house.
My palette of Distress Paints included Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Twisted Citron, Mustard Seed and Salty Ocean. I also added some Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls to my background. 
I have a tutorial showing how to apply Perfect Pearls to fabric.


For the roof, I tinted White Embossing Paste with Picked Raspberry Distress Paint. Normally when I use Embossing on fabric it drys quite flexible which is why I like to use it on fabric. In this case however, after I added in the paint, it did crack when I flexed the fabric once it had dried. In hindsight I would probably mount the fabric on some card stock first. Something to bear in mind for next time. The decorations are Distress Stickles. The candy floss coming out of the chimney is Angelina Fibre.


The bricks were created using the "Bricked" stencil, Picked Raspberry Distress Paint, glue and Clear Rock Candy Glitter.


I put a "twist" on the Distress Marbling Technique for my lolly pops.


I used my "Black Pentel Gel Roller for Fabric" pen for my title and applied clear Rock Candy Stickles over the word "Sweet". 
I used the Seedless Preserves and Picked Raspberry Distress Crayons for shading.
I had a lot of fun creating this bright, whimsical page. I hope it brightens your day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment