Tuesday, June 14, 2016

SOCC Week 2 Challenge: Distress Stains and Stamps

The past only has as much power as you invest into it.


This week the challenge was to use Distress Stains and stamps in a project. This will be the second page of my Technique Fabric Book.
I am really enjoying these challenges, revising techniques and making new discoveries along the way. I haven't used my Stains for a while so it was good to get them out and play.


I have used Tea Dye, Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain and Picket Fence Stains for my wall background. I also used Forest Moss Stain and Marker for my vine and coloured some seam binding with Aged Mahogany for blossoms. I used the brick stamp from "Bitty Grunge" by Stampers Anonymous and "Crackle" texture stamp by Kaisercraft.


I used Aged Mahogany and Tea Dye Stains and Markers for my mushrooms. I added some Picket Fence Stain as a highlight. I stamped some background foliage using "Nature's Elements" clear stamps by Stampers Anonymous and Fern Archival Ink. The rocks were coloured with Brushed Corduroy Stain. I added some texture to them with the "Crackle" stamp and Espresso Archival Ink and highlighted them with Picket Fence Stain. I used Tea Dye Stain for the mortar.



I used Walnut Stain and Brushed Corduroy Stains for my door. I stamped the wood palings texture with the "Wood Grain" texture stamp by Kaisercraft and Ground Espresso Archival Ink. The sign is coloured with Tea Dye Stain and Marker.
I will be doing a Technique Tutorial for the background wall of this project so stayed tuned for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment